Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Election 2004 Results

Obviously I have not been around for a while. This is for several reasons, though I doubt this would be interesting for anyone. I was working for a pre-election live television program on a satellite station. On November 2nd, we broadcast a live 6 hour show covering the election numbers and both international and national concerns. Since then, I've picked up some translation gigs at the same station's middle eastern news program. Meanwhile, I still have my night job.
Enough about me. I honestly cannot describe my disappointment in the results of this election. This is not merely because of the re-election of Bush, but the reasons behind it. A huge part of this country apparently believes the words uttered by George W because they believe he is a morally upright and sticks to his guns, which kinda tells me that they haven't been paying attention to everything that's gone wrong or the lies that have been proved. Not only that, but apparently the 'morality' card won out over the intelligence one.
Let me state that I'm not against morality. I'm just not for a specific religion based morality running a religiously and ideologically diverse nation.
Anyways, I found this purple map interesting and relieving because it shows the nuances of politics throughout the US. I just couldn't completely believe the solid red and blue maps. They lent too much to the understanding that the only conflicts between republicans and democrats were at the state levels where as this map shows how it is within states.
Take care.
Election 2004 Results

4 Comments:

Blogger jeames morgan said...

i feel so marginalized when people support bush's re-election with these notions of morality and strength. i am convinced that there are a lot of people like me who felt that 1) the war is the evil, and kerry would not have changed it, and 2) that it is wrong to vote against someone when the person you are voting for doesn't stand for what you believe in.

12:07 PM  
Blogger John Howard said...

I like the purple map, but my favorite is the map comparing the red and blue states with the free vs. slave states and territories.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EID MUBARAK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY :) Smokey
Highlander

6:36 AM  
Blogger smokey spice said...

Hey JRH...Yeah, I like that map too. Kind of telling, in my view.

Welcome to my blog. I've skimmed through your's, but not too extensively yet. I like your humor. Keep it up, yo.

To highlander: Eid mubarak to you and your family as well. sorry it's so late.

James: I wonder if you're online now. Let me check.

Peace out to all.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home