Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I'm fine!

I know I've been a bit quite and distant lately, but I want you to know that I'm fine. I've been a bit busy over the last couple of weeks--both work and personal business requiring my time and attention. Some of it is growing pains, some of it uneccesary drama that I apparently create when I have too much time on my hands.

Oy vey.

That and my brother, with all good intentions, took this little computer of ours to his office to have the computer engineer there work on it...and now, I amazingly have back all the frustrating pop-ups, crashes, and freezes that took me a week to get rid of. There's some kind of virus/worm/program from hell out there that keeps hijacking my tool bar, so I can't blog this or that and google disappears frequently. Bare with me folks.

On the brighter side...I am very excited right this second. I'm supposed to be working on my bio right now, and I'll tell you why. Your's truly will be an honored candle lighter on the 19th of February for the Japanese American Day of Remembrance Candle Lighting ceremony. I can't tell you how honored I feel right now.

I'm lighting the candle on behalf of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC-SF) and, if I can be so presumptuous, the Arab and Arab-American communities that are finding themselves in a similar situation here in post 9/11 US as they were in their home countries.

I'll add more to the post later. I have to go see about that bio now.
Check out the site of the DOR at dayofremembrance.org (I'll make it link later).

Peace

4 Comments:

Blogger Highlander said...

Salamat ya smokeyspice, that is truely an honour so go smokey go ! wish you could post photos, but that would be too much to ask ;)
My advice with regards to your computer woes, if there are still any files you wish to retain please save them on an exeternal drive, then take this device and have it totally reformatted...i.e. everything will go and install programs again from scratch with all the correct firewalls, antivirus thingys and the necessary paraphernilia of the cyberworld..and even then you will have to be vigilant and scan REGULARLY , and patch /clean even more.I've been there , done that so wallahi sadigni la hurub min alwaka'3

4:20 PM  
Blogger .e!manie. said...

mabroook on the candle lighting... i think thats sortve symbolic :) :) :) leeleeleeeleeeleeeeelooooweeeeeeee *theres a good old fashionned libyan zaghroota for you*... ok, glad to see the posting back. :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger jeames morgan said...

a good idea is to go to http://www.download.com and download a program called "ad aware." there is a free version available. it won't monitor your computer in the free version, but you can still run the program from time to time, and it will identify spyware, tracking cookies, and malware programs -- which may be what's attempting to hijack your computer.

just a helpful hint.

12:41 PM  
Blogger smokey spice said...

Thank you guys for the helpful advice. I'm on it. I have installed the adware program. There's more to do to fix this damn thing... maybe a complete reformatting is actually necessary, but I won't do it till I have to. Plus, I'm learning a lot about my little technical friend.

Highlander & e!manie... thanks for the encouragement and kind words. I'll keep you guys updated.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home