Friday, December 31, 2004

Welcome 2005

In California, we're still a few hours away from 2005. Happy New Year to those who have already entered the new year.

Every new year, I have this wierd feeling of loss. Kind of like the feeling you get when you read the last page of a good book. This year is no different, except that I'm looking forward to change. It's all I have hope in at this point. My hopes for next year are grand, but grandness is not impossible.

I hope this year brings more kindness and humanity than the last. I hope we learn from our mistakes and recognize our accomplishments. I hope everyone hears at least one good thing everyday; I hope that everyone gives or does at least one good thing everyday. I hope we can relearn how to smile and to laugh so hard that we cry.

Someone told me the other day that the energy of the world has shifted from Yang to Yin, which is supposed to mean that empowerment and achievement is no longer individually driven, but collaboratively. So let's toast to collaboration, cooperation, mercy, and holding ourselves and others up through the times.

It's also my mother's birthday today. Happy Birthday Mamma.

Happy New Year to everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger PuRGaToR said...

Ahlan wa Sahlan,

Thanks for your support and interest in my blog. People like you keeping me going. Wish you all the happiness on earth,

Salamat okhti.

11:44 AM  
Blogger smokey spice said...

Shukran leek. Glad you came over to sneak a peek. I really like your blogs.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather disputable.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home