Monday, January 02, 2006

Hunger Strike in Abu Sleim Prison in Libya

Libya: News and Views: Hunger Strike in Abu Sleim Prison

Unfortunately for non-Arabic readers, this article is in Arabic. I can give a jist of what's up with my slower than dial up Arabic reading skills though.If non-Arabic readers are interested, please let me know so I or someone else can try to translate a little more for you. If Arabic readers feel inclined to translate, please do so or let me know that you are interested and we can work together.

Brief synopsis: About 131 political prisoners, among them Muslim Bretherens, have begun the new 2006 year with a hunger strike. They claim to have attempted to negotiate through traditional channels but that this has not shown results.

It was posted on the Libya News and Views with a Libya Watch logo, but I couldn't even find it on the Arabic version of the Libya Watch site and the last posting on the English version of Libya Watch is 2004. So, either the Arabic version is more updated but takes longer to post on the official site or something else is up. I also couldn't figure out a way to copy and past the article so I could post it. I'm not in the mood to speculate at the moment, but I would appreciate any information whether languistic or technical from any readers out there.

Salamat ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home